[Asterisk-Users] Error

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Oct 13 07:43:15 MST 2003

Translation: Asked to transmit frame type G.711 A-law, while native
formats is G.711 u-law (read/write =G.711 u-law/G.711 u-law)

Looks to me like you need a disallow=all in your sip.conf and allow=
lines for the codecs you want to allow, then make sure that the IP
phones you are using support at least one of the codecs you are
specifying in sip.conf

Try "show codecs" at the Asterisk CLI.