[Asterisk-Users] T100P & Phones Configuration

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Oct 13 05:20:41 MST 2003

> > It appears that the T1 Digium cards can split voice and data, but I
> > would not want data traffic going through the * server...

> Yes, they can do this.  You can turn your * server into both a PBX and
> router.

Do you have any documentation on how to set this up?

Also I was talking with James (different James, hahaha) about using a T400P
to take in a PRI from the telco and provide a PRI (or CAS T1) to an old
access server, routing modem calls to the access server by DID.  James was
unsure if 56k (v90) speeds could be achieved but his test was a little
wonky too, he admitted.

Do you knwo of any limitations/restrictions on doing this?  Obviously modem
calls coming from VOIP would have to use ulaw/alaw but being able to get
v90 and voice with the T400 would be nice, if possible.

Regards,
Andrew