[Asterisk-Users] T100P & Phones Configuration

PBX pbx at tuxnetworking.com
Sun Oct 12 20:37:03 MST 2003

Ok.. Let me pose a question regarding this configuration.

Lets say you have the ISP bring in a full T1 and they split it half
voice half data.  They would usually do this in a channel bank on
site... So in this scenrio... You have the Channel Bank from the ISP
where they split the channels.  Then from that it goes into the asterisk
for 12 channels of voice.  Then from asterisk to another Channel Bank to
break out the fxs extensions....

It appears that the T1 Digium cards can split voice and data, but I
would not want data traffic going through the * server...

Geoff