[Asterisk-Users] LINEJACK -- OUTGOING CALLS

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Oct 12 06:01:40 MST 2003

> unfortunately you can't do outgoing calls with LineJACK. If you have to
> place outgoing calls, then buy some FXO VoIP Gateway (Micronet,
> Audiocodes) or digium hardware.

Um, why?  is the LineJack not a FXO _and_ FXS interface?

I'm curious as to why Quicknet's hardware receives such chilly reception by
the asterisk community....  There are numerous problems with them that
simply don't exist with the OpenH323 software which seems to indicate to me
that it's not a hardware problem.

That, and this "can't dial out" thing seems just plain old insane...

Regards,
Andrew