[Asterisk-Users] voicetronix

andrewg at felinemenace.org andrewg at felinemenace.org
Sat Oct 11 06:08:58 MST 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 10:25:37PM +0930, mick at netexpress.com.au wrote:
> Andrew
>
> I am having trouble with
>
> Sound ( only if you dialling from outside )

Hmm. not really. uhm. could play with the volume levels. or it could possibly
be something else.

> Cisco phone can not dial out

Sounds more like an asterisk configuration problem.

IIRC, I had Dial(VPB/1/1) to dialout using port 1 of board 1. You might
want to double check your config file. The VPB4 stuff uses port 1 - 4.

> If I phone in and select extension number of Cisco phone
>
> * dies
>
> Any ideas ???

Well. asterisk -vvvvvgc and mebe start it under gdb, and when it crashes,
do

backtrace

and then type

x/3i $eip
info registers

that should be more useful for the developer people, though it may remind me of
something. To start asterisk under gdb, type

gdb /path/to/asterisk

then once gdb has started, type

set args -vvvvvgc

then type

run

if/when it crashes, use the above commands and record the output and post to
the group. I find the type typescript program useful for that. just type
typescript hit enter, and type exit after you exit gdb.

Hmm. this email is a bit arse about, but meh. More of ideas flowing than actual
concurrent thoughts.

> Regards Mick

Hope this helps,
Andrew Griffiths