[Asterisk-Users] IAX Not working between machines

Andrew Joakimsen andrew at envisionstudio.net
Fri Oct 10 16:22:24 MST 2003

I setup two machines to talk to each other with IAX and it does not seem
to work. When a call comes into one machine and transfers it to the
other, the machine that is transferring to the other one shows:

    -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 65.127.126.42, requested format
= 4, actual format = 4
    -- Executing Dial("IAX2[NuFone at NuFone]/4",
"IAX2/USERNAME:SECRET at joako/320|90|r") in new stack
    -- Called USERNAME:SECRET at joako/320
WARNING[9226]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 4152 (socket_read): Call rejected
by 66.156.244.159: No authority found

And the machine that should receive the call says:

*CLI> NOTICE[8201]: File chan_iax2.c, Line 4060 (socket_read): Rejected
connect attempt from 69.41.227.70

Any clues? I checked the contexts in IAX.conf and they should be
correct. If anything I would expect a "not found" sort of message..