[Asterisk-Users] ALERT_INFO=1/ Cisco 79x0

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Oct 10 13:17:13 MST 2003

>Hi,
>
>I've just found:
>
>http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-June/014475.html
>
>which talks about ALERT_INFO and Cisco phones. How do I actually get
>this working and what does it do? Do I need to add anything to the configs
>for the phone or is it just a SetVar(ALERT_INFO=1) - which I tried and it
>seemed to do nothing at all..
>
>Thanks
>
>Andy

I assume you're using a 79xx phone and not an ATA-186.

Pick a "normal" sounding ringer.  Then listen closely when you have
that value set.  It creates a "double-ring" sound.  Sub-optimal, to
be sure, but until Cisco updates their SIP images to something with a
little more of a robust featureset, that's what we're stuck with.

Side note: do the Pingtel or other "high-end" phones support
Alert-Info: to anyone's knowledge?

JT