[Asterisk-Users] BudgeTone-102 MWI&CID with Asterisk

noc asterisk at w3networks.com
Fri Oct 10 10:19:39 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm considering giving the Grandstream BudgeTone-102 phones a try.  I've been using Cisco 7960's to date, but the low cost of the Grandstream phones are hard to ignore.  I have two questions:

1) Does the message waiting indicator on the BudgeTone's work with Asterisk?

2) The one line 12-digit LDC concerns me a bit.  Is the LCD able to display both the CID number and name on the LDC?  How does that work, does it toogle between the two?  I know the BudgeTone-102D has a 2 line LCD, but I don't believe the 102D is available yet.

I've searched google for these two questions, but they never seemed to be fully answered (I've seen Q1 answered both ways).  I'm hoping some of the kind people on this list who use BudgeTone phones might be able to help.

Thanks,

-Jon