[Asterisk-Users] 7940/60 TFTP Problem

Babak Pasdar bpasdar at IGXGlobal.com
Fri Oct 10 08:57:48 MST 2003

OK, I got it figured out. Here is the process to fix this problem in the future.

The key here on MGCP phones was to recognize that they only understand the 8.3 naming format until a few revs up.  What seemed like corruption was the Cisco phones inability to understand bigger than 8.3 names, such as what Cisco uses for the SIP images.

Here is the step-by-step:

1. Upgrade to a newer version of the MGCP code.

I went to: P0M3-03-0-00.bin

However this does not work out of the box,I had to copy the file to P0M30300.bin to adhere to the 8.3 name standard.

Modify the OS79XX.TXT to say only the following:

P0M30300

This process apparently reorganizes the image memory mapping on the phone to make room for the larger image to come.

2. Once the upgrade is complete upgrade to a newer MGCP code.

I went to : P0M3-04-4-00.bin

I again copied the file to P0M30440.bin and modified OS79XX.TXT to:

P0M30440

3. Only now am I ready to upgrade to the SIP 5.3 image.

I'm not sure if I still had to adhere to the 8.3 naming convention, I did it just to be safe, but I am now running on 5.3 SIP.

SOme screwy things happened with my config.  I got garbage on my domain name field that I could not back space to erase.  I just reset to factory to adress this issue.

Thanks for everyone's help and I hope this document is useful to someone in the future.

Babak

--
Babak Pasdar
Founder/CTO

The electronic message that you have received and any attachments are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential.

If you receive this email in error, please advise us by responding to NOC at igxglobal.com. You are required to delete the contents and destroy any copies immediately.  IGX Global is not liable for the views expressed in this electronic message or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be unknowingly transmitted within this message.

This electronic message is also subject to standard copyright/ownership laws. It is not intended to be reproduced, or re-transmitted without the consent of the originator.

www.igxglobal.com