[Asterisk-Users] one-way audio

duncan duncan at impede.net
Fri Oct 10 04:39:16 MST 2003

Im experiencing a problem with a current setup and I've run out of ways to
debug it and come to a resolution.

I have two E100P's in a machine which is routing traffic over the internet
to a machine that has 1 E400P connected to the PSTN.  Clients are able to
make calls successfully but when the call is connected experience one-way
audio.  They cannot hear anything said by the person who is being called.

This appears to be intermittent, with occasional times where conversations
can be held, but what sounds like silence suppression on the side of the
caller.  They hear audible clicks and then silence, and assume the person
they have called has hung up.  On the side of the person being called there
are no audible problems at all (except for the fact that most of the time
there is nothing being heard on their side).

so the link between the two machines is using a 512k connection at one end,
and a 2meg connection at the other.  an IAX2 trunk between them.  the only
thing i can think of as a potential cause of this problem is that one is
using a cvs thats more recent than the other.  im worried about updating
the older machine without being sure that its not going to introduce
problems as there are many other applications and services running on that
server.

any help would be much appreciated

duncan