[Asterisk-Users] my phone shows "asterisk"

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 04:08:27 MST 2003

listas iPfone wrote:

>Hi!
>
>My setup is:
>
>pstn > X100P>ASTERISK>SNOM 200
>
>thanks
>
>miklos

I am guessing your don't have CallerID enabled from your telco.. If you
do it is probably incompatible..

If you really hate the "asterisk" showing on your screen then use the
SetCallerID and SedCIDName commands on your inbound calls..
eg..
exten => s,1,SetCallerID(555 4321)
exten => s,2,SetCIDName(Inbound Call)
exten => ....

This will obviously be statically set and will not show the CallerID of
the person that is calling but it wil get rid of the word "asterisk" on
your screen..

Later..