[Asterisk-Users] Howto configure asterisk with AVM ISDN card

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 00:40:02 MST 2003

Claudio Condolf wrote:

> Hi guys, I'trying to setup Asterisk with an AVM Fritz PCI ISDN card
> with no success. I have an IP phone from Micronet and I want to
> receive and place calls over ISDN. But I'm not sure if I need the
> binary CAPI from AVM or isdn4linux. I've tryed with redhat 9 and with
> Suse 8.2. Cold someone help me? Thank you very much.

I did the following on RH9..

First goto ftp://ftp.avm.de/cardware/fritzcrd.pci/linux/suse.82/ and
read the "info.txt" and download the tar.gz file..

Follow the instructions to compile and install the module..

Then goto http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk and download chan_capi

Follow the instructions to compile and install..

This should get you to a point where you can load the capi driver for
the ISDN card ("capi init" from a command line) and load the capi
channel driver when Asterisk loads..

Later..