[Asterisk-Users] No Ringing from PSTN

Steve Dolloff sdolloff at noc.dls.net
Thu Oct 9 14:16:31 MST 2003

That does make a ringing sound, but any idea what's causing the problem?

Stephen

Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] No Ringing from PSTN

You can send a fake ring by using something like:

exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/1234 at 1234,20,r)

Assuming the ATA is in the sip.conf as [1234]

However, this does NOT solve the underlying problem.

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 15:29, Steve Dolloff wrote:
> Here is my Configuration
>
> PSTN -> Cisco AS5350 -> SIP -> ASTERISK -> SIP -> ATA186
>
> When I call from the pstn to the ATA, the ATA rings but I don't hear
> anything on the calling side until the call is picked up.
>
> When I call from the ATA, everything seems to work fine.
>
> When I bypassed ASTERISK, everything seems to work fine.
>
> Anyone know what I might have configured wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Stephen
Sample configs and more: http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/

BTEL Consulting