[Asterisk-Users] Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, UFOs and...

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Oct 9 06:49:03 MST 2003

TC wrote:

>>Mythical Asterisk Creatures, oft-discussed, rarely seen:
>>
>>1) An "advanced" graphical user interface
>>
>>2) An IAX2 hardware device
>>
>>3) A Radius CDR report module
>>
>>4) A live-method, robust SQL-based dialplan
>>
>>5) LDAP/SQL/Radius authentication for SIP phones
>>
>>6) Robust R2 signalling support
>>
>>7) Multilingual language recordings of all existing * .gsm files
>>
>>8) Free exchange of PSTN gateways in a centralized routing arbiter model
>>
>>9) Speech recognition support
>>

>10) Database abstraction module for ...CDR, SQL Dial Plan, DBGet/Put, *
>config files
>
>11) SoftFaxModem
>
>12) SS7 Signaling
>
>13) WEB Interface for Users/Admin

6 is working here, though I have reasons not to release it just yet.

11 is basically working here. Expect something for general consumption
before the month is out. The actual FAX modem part is now functional in
both directions. I'm doing the protocol logic right now. I then need to
integrate it with Asterisk. I have been transferring FAXs successfully
between a real FAX machine and my software., though without Asterisk
involved up to now (I am using an E400P, but I am not yet using
Asterisk). I have implemented only the 1980 FAX features, where any
patents ran out some time ago. If I can figure out whether there are any
patent issues with newer features (e.g. 14,400 baud V.17), I might work
on other unencumbered features later.

Regards,
Steve