[Asterisk-Users] newbe Echo problem

Dave Kitchen dave.kitchen at insynctechnology.com
Thu Oct 9 05:18:11 MST 2003

I have just (last month) brought up * with ISDN & soft phones.

I am using
Workstation->SIP or iax->*->isdn4linux->hisax->EICON Diva ISDN (not
Pro)->uk(bt)isdn lines

I am currently trying SIP clients - the last is an evaluation of SJphone,
but this problem does not seem to depend on the Workstation end

Outgoing calls leave unacceptable levels of echo, noticable by the outside
party,
but almost none from the 'inside'.

Does anyone know if echo cancelation is applied by carriers at their
analog/isdn bridges? Or do
we have to provide it on the back end of the isdn?

I'm assuming that my echo is not a local problem, but ... anyone any ideas?

Dave Kitchen - InSync Technology Ltd