[Asterisk-Users] Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, UFOs and...

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Thu Oct 9 00:51:23 MST 2003

Mythical Asterisk Creatures, oft-discussed, rarely seen:

1) An "advanced" graphical user interface

2) An IAX2 hardware device

3) A Radius CDR report module

4) A live-method, robust SQL-based dialplan

5) LDAP/SQL/Radius authentication for SIP phones

6) Robust R2 signalling support

7) Multilingual language recordings of all existing * .gsm files

8) Free exchange of PSTN gateways in a centralized routing arbiter model

9) Speech recognition support

Care to add your own unicorns to the list?  I make no judgement nor
do I cast aspersions on any of these items, but I seem to recall
seeing comments about "I'm working on..." or "It would be really
great if..." on all of these without seeing real evidence on any of
them other than talk.  The only well-remembered myth I can say for
certain that has been dispelled is the SCCP channel driver, and that
has been moved out of "Loch Ness" status to "peer-reviewed" status.

JT