[Asterisk-Users] iax2 trunk

duncan duncan at impede.net
Wed Oct 8 09:15:07 MST 2003

Im having problems setting up a trunk between two locations.  Heres the
setup I have:

Server A is connected to the PSTN at my datacenter
Server B is connected to a clients e1 line at his datacenter

I only want to route calls from Server B to Server A and out through the
PSTN.  Server A has a lot of other things connecting to it, so I need a
very specific context for all calls to go through.  Because of the volume
of calls between the two servers I wish to setup a trunk.

Server A has this entry in iax.conf

[serverb]
type=friend
host=serverbipaddress
trunk=yes
auth=md5,plaintext,rsa
secret=s3rv3rb
username=serverb
context=serverb
qualify=yes

Server B doesnt have much in iax.conf - only codec and port information
under [general]

Server B is using this in his extensions.conf though:

exten => _X.,1,Dial,IAX2/serverb:s3rv3rb at serveraipaddress/${EXTEN}|180

now i know some things are wrong, i know i can use type=peer because its
only a one way connection (im not making calls to serverb, only recieving
calls from it)

but when i do an iax2 trunk debug i get this:

IAX2 Trunk Debug Requested
Beginning trunk processing
Processed trunk peer 'serverb' (0.0.0.0:0) with 0 call(s)
Ending trunk processing with 1 peers and 0 calls processed

even though there are calls going between the servers - so obviously they
arent using the trunking facility.  so whats the deal.  what do i have to
do in iax.conf on both sides and in extensions.conf on the side of ServerB

thanks in advance

duncan