[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk role

Mireia.Munoz-de-jesus at ifaedi.insa-lyon.fr Mireia.Munoz-de-jesus at ifaedi.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Oct 8 07:19:52 MST 2003

Hi all!

I am using ohphone (well, I am trying to) to make calls. I will make an
H.323 - SIP Gateway but I don't understand the architecture of all this.

What is the exact role of asterisk? It can be used as gateway, that I know,
but what else can he do? Is it necessary to have ohphone to make calls or
asterisk can also do that?

So when the gateway it is going to be implemented how is it going to work?

- ohphone call gatekeeper and uses a gateway (asterisk)
or
- asterisk registers to a gatekeeper and it accepts and makes calls?
or
- None of both?

Please help me.

Regards,