[Asterisk-Users] Call park on SIP phones

Shaun Ewing asterisk at ewing.dropbear.id.au
Tue Oct 7 20:58:52 MST 2003

> Yes but you can't do native sip tranfers to parking.  Thats what I want.
> And thats what I was talking about.  You can't say use a Cisco 7960 and
> hit transfer then dial 700 then transfer.  WONT WORK.
>
> bkw

I've implemented a bit of a workaround.

I've setup the dial plan 2XXXX in my system as the call park prefix.

When you want to park a call, you blind transfer to 2XXXX where XXXX is your
extension (eg: 27011). The call is parked, and you will immediately receive
a call announcing the park slot (eg: "Transfer 8 0 0 1").

The appropriate entry in extensions.conf looks like: