[Asterisk-Users] Second Send: Using PCI backplane

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Tue Oct 7 14:51:21 MST 2003

You are wanting to use a PCI backplane and put a bunch of TDM400P FXS
cards instead of a T1 and a channel bank?  If that's what you're asking...

A T1 card and a channel bank yield 24 extensions.  If you figure the
TDM400P is $305 for 4 extensions, it would cost $1830 to get enough FXS
ports (not to mention the IRQ and other problems you may run into with
that many cards).  The T1 card is $495, leaving you $1335 to find a 24FXS
channel bank (which is more than enough on eBay).

A large number of extensions would be handled by way of T1s and channel
banks - up to 96 channels on one pci card with the T400P (1 pci card and 4
channel banks).

Out of curiosity, why are you reluctant/opposed to a T1 and channel bank?

Steve