[Asterisk-Users] Xten X-lite codec problem ???

Areski areski at e-group.org
Tue Oct 7 09:00:59 MST 2003

Hello folks,

I trying to get working my xten (X-lite V2) working with Asterisk !!!
It's working nice with my development server without nat but NO in my
production server with "NAT=yes" !!!

Below my client configuration for asterisk:
[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
allow=all

[phone1]
type=friend
host=dynamic
username=phone1
secret=phone1
mailbox=9999; Mailbox for message waiting indicator
context=demo
callerid="Windows" <2124>

My X-lite is configured how I read in some old threads

Under System Settings>Network
1- Set the IP of you * box in "Outbound SIP Proxy"

Under System Settings>Sip Proxy

1- Enable yes
2- Username (the name or number in your SIP.CONF [brackets]
3- Leave Authorized User blank (and remark out in SIP.CONF if you have
it in
there.)
4- Obviously set the password
5- Domain/Realm: the IP of your * box.
6- Sip Proxy: the IP of your * box.
7- Send Internal IP: ON

When I use the dev server is working correctly... but to the production
server, however it is seems to work fine in asterisk side (if I check
the console mode, or sip trace) but I don't hear anything in the client
X-lite...

I don't understand why cause the only things I changed is "nat=yes"...

A bit of help will be really welcome,
Ares