[Asterisk-Users] Re: DB virtualization for multiple database support - Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] How to use vmdb.sql in voicemail.conf/extension.conf

Marcel Prisi marcel at virtua.ch
Tue Oct 7 00:23:16 MST 2003

If you write code in C/C++, you'd better use "sqlrelay" :

http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/

SQL Relay is a persistent database connection pooling, proxying and load
balancing system for Unix and Linux supporting ODBC, Oracle, MySQL,
mSQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Interbase, Lago and
SQLite with APIs for C, C++, Perl, Perl-DBI, Python, Python-DB, Zope,
PHP, Ruby, Ruby-DBI, TCL and Java, command line clients, a GUI
configuration tool and extensive documentation. The APIs support
advanced database operations such as bind variables, multi-row fetches,
client side result set caching and suspended transactions. It is ideal
for speeding up database-driven web-based applications, accessing
databases from unsupported platforms, migrating between databases,
distributing access to replicated databases and throttling database access.

:-)