[Asterisk-Users] ChanIsAvail app setting ${AVAILCHAN} to an unusable value.

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Oct 6 23:43:08 MST 2003

>On Sunday 05 October 2003 16:41, Robert Hajime Lanning wrote:
>>  I sent this earlier under "Editting variable contents" but no-one
>>  has responded.  So, the subject is now more to the problem, instead
>>  of the solution I was trying to implement.
>>
>>  ChanIsAvail returns the channel ID plus "-<session>".
>>
>>  How can I edit ${AVAILCHAN} to remove this session ID, so I can use
>>  its contents in a subsequent Dial statement?
>
>Oh, it's quite simple.  You just write your own application to remove
>the suffix.  Or you wait for someone else to write it.
>
>Untested code.  UAYOR.
>
>-Tilghman
>
>Attachment converted: PrivateSpace:app_cut.c (TEXT/ttxt) (69546196)

I don't recall if -<session> is a fixe number of digits.  If so, you
can use the string manipulation features within Asterisk to cut it
off.  I don't have the manual reference right here with me, but note
that you can put negative numbers for ${EXTEN:-1:-3} and the like,
which will chop things up based on fixed positions within the string.

JT