[Asterisk-Users] Help with questions for initial Asterisk wizard (GUI)

Leif Madsen leif at radiokaos.com
Mon Oct 6 21:59:17 MST 2003

Hey all,

I am in the middle of creating a new user wizard which will generate all
the .conf's the new Asterisk user will require to get themselves up and
running in Asterisk without having to touch a single configuration file.
  This is what I have come up with as a rough draft.  It is far from
complete, so I'm asking people to submit things that should be added,
changed, removed etc.. etc...  so please help me come up with a good
logic for the questions so that I may start the work on the actual wizard!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hardware
	Are you using Digium Hardware? (yes/no)
		+ TE410P
			+ How many?
		+ TDM400P
			+ How many?
				+ How many modules (each card)
		+ T400P
			+ How many?
		+ T100P
			+ How many?
		+ E100P
			+ How many?
		+ X100P
			+ How many?

	Other hardware
		+ Do you have a soundcard? (yes/no)
			+ ALSA or OSS?

	Do you have any SIP devices? (yes/no)
		+ SIP phone
		+ Softphone

Extension Ranges
	+ Start and Stop range
	+ Would like you to enable voicemail on any of these extensions? (yes/no)
		+ all of them (yes/no)
			+ which ones?
		+ What should the default voicemail password be?

		+ Default formats for writing voicemail
			+ GSM, wav49, WAV
		+ Email notification? (yes/no)
			+ Who should the email appear to come from?
			+ Should we attach it to the email?
		+ Would you like to specify a maximum message length? (yes/no)
			+ How long?
		+ Would you like to specify a maximum greeting length? (yes/no)
			+ How long?

+ Which country are you in? (for indication)
	+ United States
	+ Australia
	+ France
	+ Netherlands
	+ United Kingdom
+ Which language? (for zapata.conf)

Would you like to activate any of these extensions now? (yes/no)
	+ List extensions with CONFIG | EDIT | DELETE | ADD links
		+ Who is going to use this extension? (name)
		+ What is the email address of the person as this extension? (for
email notification)
		+

For each channel of the hardware the user has
	+ Which signalling for this channel?
		kewl start
		loop start
		ground start
	+ Enable three way calling?
	+ Enable transfer?
	+ Enable call waiting?
	+ Enable busy detection?
	+ Use CallerID?
	+ rxgain
	+ txgain
	+ Immediate? (yes/no)
	+ CallerID String
		+ Name
		+ Number
	+ Enable mailbox indication?
		+ Mailbox number(s) to be associated with this channel