[Asterisk-Users] callerid name modification (or adding)

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Oct 6 14:04:57 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 15:45, john lawler wrote:
> Is there any way to take an incoming callerid string and remove the
> given "name" part of it and replace it w/ something arbitrary, or add to
> a blank name string (possibly by looking up the number in a database)?

Be glad I'm ridding my angst in other ways than lazy users these days.

show application setCidName

 -= Info about application 'SetCIDName' =-

[Synopsis]:
  Set CallerID Name

[Description]:
  SetCIDName(cname[|a]): Set Caller*ID Name on a call to a new
value, while preserving the original Caller*ID number.  This is
useful for providing additional information to the called
party. Sets ANI as well if a flag is used.  Always returns 0