[Asterisk-Users] Remote control IVR

Ívar Ragnarsson ivar at grunnur.is
Mon Oct 6 10:13:28 MST 2003

Hi

I work at a small company that has some IVR solutions that use Dialogic
hardware for everything.
Everything is written in C++ using MS VC++ using the Dialogic API and runs
only on Windows.
Being the rebel that I am, I would like free myself from Dialogic.
To do this without porting all our existing code to run on Linux I was
thinking of controlling the Asterisk from a Windows machine running our
existing code.
i.e. making an API similar to the Dialogic one that would control Asterisk
over TCP/IP.

Has anyone done something like this? Or does someone have has a good idea
for implementing such a thing?

I am still familiarizing myself with Asterisk but as I understand it you can
add functionality to Asterisk through the AGI interface and by creating a
loadable application.
Which one would one should I use to solve my problem?  Does an loadable
application give you more control than an AGI script?

I would be very thankful for any advice/tips/sample code.

Best regards,
		Ívar Ragnarsson
		Grunnur ehf.
		Iceland

ps. Does a loadable application have to be GPL licensed?