[Asterisk-Users] Priority Voicemail

Clif Jones ctjones at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 6 08:36:02 MST 2003

I am relatively new at Asterisk but have a 2-machine system running with
the developer kit (FXS/FXO cards), some Cisco SIP 7960's and a Audiocodes
MP-104 SIP gateway.  I would like to fix a couple of the voicemail boxes
so someone can press some numbers such as "911" and get sent to a "priority"
voicemail box.  This different voicemail box would weed out the normal calls
from a special call.  How would one approach this?  My initial guess is that
you have to give an opportunity to do this before you enter voicemail or
maybe allow the user to exit the voicemail before leaving a message and then
send them to an auto-attendant.  Any good ideas or examples would be
greaty appreciated!