[Asterisk-Users] Anyone else use Audacity for prompts?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Oct 6 00:48:40 MST 2003

Shaun Ewing wrote:

>>I know that some of this comes with the territory, but I wonder if there
>>is anyone out there who does this ( wav -> gsm) routinely, and who can advise me as to
>>the MO I could use that results in the highest quality in the resulting
>>playback files.
>
> What are you using to convert the wav files to gsm? I've been using 'sox'
> under Linux and have had no quality issues whatsoever.
>
> An example line to convert:
>
> sox file.wav -r 8000 -c 1 file.gsm

That's the exact command I'm using, but it sure does sound crappy to my
ears.

Perhaps that's the best I can do w/gsm, and of course I expect once the
sound is sent through the PSTN most of the highs and bottom are gone
anyways.

I was just hoping there was something I could do to make the resulting
files a bit clearer.

Thx.

B.