[Asterisk-Users] Re: DB virtualization for multiple database support - Was Re: [Asterisk-Users] How to use vmdb.sql in voicemail.conf/extension.conf

Daniel Sloan daniel.sloan at vu.edu.au
Sun Oct 5 16:41:10 MST 2003

What about libdbi?  It already has the "pluggable" driver system, so
thats half the work done already.
Its also licensed under the LGPL instead of the GPL, which if I have
understood the discussions about
the GPL issues, should resolve problems of linking to that code.

Support for sqlite is cool too, since it saves running a database server
for small setups that don't want
the extra (albeit small) overhead.

It would also be great if it is structured so that other "vitualization"
interfaces can be written, to
provide the same sort of functionality for other parts of Asterisk.