[Asterisk-Users] starting asterisk?

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Sun Oct 5 10:29:05 MST 2003

Ken Godee wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to start *.....
>
> Rh7.3,CVS,TE410P,TA750
>
> If I just try the way the docs spell it out
> "/usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvc" it fails......

Gezzz, must just be me....
but I'll get an email in the list incase anyone else can use in the
future. Right or wrong, it's the only way I could get it going.

Getting Asterisk to load and run on bootup was not as easy as just
asterisk -vvvc, etc.

* would fail just trying to start it without the TE410P module already
loaded. Sooo......

Created an rc.modules file that modprobes wct4xxp and
calling it from the end of rc.sysint.

Then using a init script to start *.
Tried to use the init script from gnuinter.net
but had to change it to use asterisk instead of safe_asterisk or
else it would fail.

All seems good at this point. If anyone thinks the above is wrong/bad
please... let me know, I just want to get going and have some fun
working on configuring * :)