[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream

WipeOut wipe_out at lycos.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 02:17:48 MST 2003

Linus Surguy wrote:

>A little off-topic, but does anyone know if it is possible to disable call
>waiting on the Grandstream phones? I can't find anything in the
>configuration that would allow this.
>
>Linus

No there is no way to disable it..

I tried using "incominglimt=1" and "outgoinglimit=1" but these are
really useless for this problem becasue if each setting is set to 1 then
it stops the UA making 2 talls or recieving 2 calls, but if they make 1
call they will still be able to recieve 1 call and so the call waiting
issue will still be there..

If your UA only recieves a lot of calls then the settings above will
probably work for you most of the time..

Also rememeber that by imposing these limits may affect the UA's ability
to transfer calls or put calls on hold.. I didn't test these aspects..

Fortunatly GS know that the call waiting ring in the ear is irritating
and hopefully they will fix it on the next release of the firmware..