[Asterisk-Users] Let's TALK ABOUT IT!!!

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Sat Oct 4 08:42:12 MST 2003

> >Each server would update from a master SQL database at a predetermined
time.
> >This way all servers would be in sync.
> >

> Ok I get it, so there is going to be some app or script that will update
> the DB from a central source, and an AGI written for Asterisk that will
> do the lookup in the DB that was synced to find the extension and the
> server that extension is connected to, and then initiate a connection
> directly with that server..

Actually, if this was to be done, it might be an idea to do it with DNS, so
client machines would just do
Dial(IAX2/resource at 442071234567.centraldb.com/442071234567) and the DNS
system would resolve which machine is the correct target - no cleverness at
all required at the client end, so implementation would be portable across
all the other gnophones etc.

> Sounds workable..
>
> Now what about these free local PSTN calls?? not all countries have free
> local calls.. how do you think the billing will be organised?

However, this is a huge problem and I can't see it working.....!

Linus