[Asterisk-Users] Answer on second ring - need it on first.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Oct 4 09:11:42 MST 2003

> After re-installing, I am finding that when dialling into an X100P, that
> Answer is now answering on the second ring, where it always used to
> answer on the first before.
>
> In the console, "Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1' appears halfway
> through the first ring and "Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new
> stack" appears at the end of the second.
>
> I cannot recall having changed  anything previously, in order for it
> answer on the first, but I would really like the old behaviour back.

I'd suspect that behavior is the result of a problem I reported to
support, for which Martin worked/fixed a few weeks ago.  The issue that
I was having resulted from using the X100P with a CO Centrex line that
rings with a Long & a Short (within the normal ring cycle) to indicate
an incoming call from an outside party. Although * was picking up the
line, apparently the CallerID timing mechanism within * was looking
for CallerID data after the first ring (the Long) and obviously that
data wasn't there and therefore CallerID constantly failed.

I really don't have a clue what was changed since I didn't have any
before/after source snapshot.

Rich