[Asterisk-Users] Small problem with FAX and Modem.

Nicholas Romero nxn at idim.com
Fri Oct 3 17:41:19 MST 2003

That would be a little more ideal but the way in which the faxes pass though
the system the both the port/channel and the destination are dynamic.  There
are some special situations that I have some modems that are dialed enough
that they are specified. These specific destinations go to another context
or rather Special case Macro for their dialing.  That special case Macro
does not initiate a monitor on the channel.  By the way, There are separate
contexts for outbound and inbound calls. As a matter of fact there are
separate contexts per LEC also so I can load balance traffic.

All Extensions in and out are over PRI channels.  PRI Spans are front ending
switches until development of all applications to Asterisk is complete.  It
may always have to do this in some situations.  Since this is true there is
now way to tell what the actual devices are that are dialing behind the
first switch.  I would normally do this by looking at the CLID or something
set by the first switch only it does not allow me to do it on a per port
basis.

I know that I will probably have to add some FXS ports or ATA's to Asterisk
and move all the fax/modem devices over to there but that will take a while.
So back to the drawing board.  Maybe this will just have to be added to
Monitor having it exit it hears fax or modem tones.  Still can not think of
why it would interfere at all though.

-Nicholas