[Asterisk-Users] Predictive Dialer

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Thu Oct 2 16:09:47 MST 2003

Hi James--

I got a dialer working without too many hiccups about two
months ago.  It relies on changes to chan_agent, app_queue,
a PostgreSQL backend, a Tcl-* manager interface, a bunch of
Tcl glue, and some cron jobs.  The results for each call are
logged in right through the phone key pad, and the algorithm
for prediction looks at number of agents logged in, average
length of calls, and a magic number the boss man can set to
speed it up or slow it down, plus a couple others I forget.

Although it relies on some bastardization of the Caller-ID
(who doesn't), it is in compliance with all the latest FCC
rules.  A key to making it stable was the recent placement
of extra locks in the queue and agent code.  It still gets
some frozen lines, but I blame it on the Zhone, and they
seem to thaw out when you power cycle the POS channel bank.

I know there was a separate list setup for discussions about
a predictive dialer, and I would like to contribute my code
there but don't remember who made the list or if it has ever
seen any traffic.  Not to make a meta-comment on this
thread, but whenever the discussion of a predictive dialer
does arise, it seems to get spit on by those who aren't fans
of the technology.  I think that's a real shame as it
represents a huge market for *.  I had some moral qualms
about it, too, but they pale in comparison to those I would
have if, say, I was hacking on voicemail for the Pentagon or
rolling out a PBX at Fox News.

--Chris

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, James Coberly waxed:

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
0xC0051F6A