[Asterisk-Users] Any way to get out of a remote console without stopping *

PJ Welsh pj at cassens.com
Thu Oct 2 13:20:05 MST 2003

on Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 02:53:00PM -0500, Andy Hester wrote:
> This probably has an easy solution, but I found it yet.  How can I get out
> of a remote console after using ssh to get into the box, making changes,
> reload etc. without stopping *?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Looks like "exit" will release you from the * console but not stop * from running when I start * with "asterisk -vvvc". Then "asterisk -r" to reconnect.

I like to use the "screen" command to preface other console grabing prgs.

screen -A -m -d -S asterisk asterisk -vvvc

then

screen -r asterisk

connects you to the screen you just called "-S asterisk".

You use key binding similar to minicom to do things... so to release your screen from running * while in a "screen" session (and not kill the *), just "<ctrl>+a" then hit "d" to detatch.