[Asterisk-Users] error message 49159

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Oct 2 10:04:42 MST 2003

Martin Pycko wrote:
> We send SIP messages to that device up to 6-7 times and then we stop and
> this message shows on the console.
>

>>WARNING[49159]: File chan_sip.c, Line 435 (retrans_pkt): Maximum retries
>>exceeded on call 3ae258912dd9d8470fd3341f32913fa6 at 192.168.0.31 for seqno 102
>>(Request)

So it isn't really an error then, but an artifact of something asterisk
is trying to do?

I have seen these messages pretty much since the beginning of time, and
I figured something was out of spec with my phones.

I can't tell from what you say whether it is normal or not to see those
messages?

Thanks.

B.