[Asterisk-Users] eBay Sip Phone Scam.

Josh Roberson twisted at indigent.sytes.net
Thu Oct 2 05:31:43 MST 2003

My bad... It's a .net, not a .com :P

Oops... Sorry JMB (sheepish grin)

http://www.chagres.net

--------------------------
Josh Roberson
Indigent Networks
1.877.677.9647 x1
twisted at indigent.sytes.net

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Low, Adam
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 6:22 AM
To: 'asterisk-users at lists.digium.com '
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] eBay Sip Phone Scam.

Josh,

Pls can you confirm that URL, www.chagres.com doesn't seem to mention
the sale of any Grandstream phones ....

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Josh Roberson
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Sent: 02/10/03 13:04

Actually, had you taken the time to READ the auction details, He says
(direct copy/paste from auction)

-----Begin Copy/Paste-----

Flash Based OS

Easy to install and manage,
Cost effective,
Easy to use - Friendly GUI for 1st time user,
Easy to learn - User's guide and on-line tutorial

Big information and management LCD blue back light
User friendly keypad
Universal AC/DC adapter
Ergonomic design

25-button keypad
12-digit caller ID LCD
Universal Switching Power Adaptor
Input: 100-240VAC
Output: +5VDC, 400mA,
 1. Auto-sensing 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet Port
2.UL/CE/FCC
3.Power Supply : Universal 90 ~ 264V

Support all major Network Operating Systems (Windows, MAC, Linux/Unix)

Web-Based Management

TCP/IP Configuration with DHCP support

Free Flash Firmware update

No User Licenses

System Restart/ Shutdown

Password Access control

1 x 10/100Mbps Ethernet Port (RJ-45 Interface)

Support STUN and SIMPLE extension

Interoperable with 3d parties Proxy, Registrar and gateway products

 DSP technology for the best voice quality

Support popular vocoders including G.723.1 (5.3K/6.3K), G.729A/B, G.711
(alaw
and u-law), G.726 (40K/32K/24K/16K), as well as G.728 (Model 102D)

In and out-off-band DTMF

Support 3-way conferencing (Model 102D), full duplex hands-free
speakerphone,
redial, call log, volume control, voice mail with indicator

Support for Layer 2 (802.1Q VLAN, 802.1p) and Layer 3 QoS (ToS,
DiffServ, MPLS)

Remote software upgrade capability via TFTP

Support Silence Suppression, VAD (Voice Activity Detection), CNG
(Comfort Noise Generation), Line Echo Cancellation (G.168), and AGC
(Automatic Gain
Control)

-----End Copy/Paste-----

Nowhere does he make the claims you're stating.  He DOES, have (Model
102D) in one of the descriptions, but that is a direct quote from
Grandstream's product brochure.

Also, this phone *IS* out on the market.. I own one, and I'm quite happy
with it.. I will tell you this though:

Go order one from Chagres (http://www.chagres.com).   They are an
asterisk supporter/user on this list, and the price is MUCH better. ;)

</rant>

Josh Roberson
Indigent Networks
1.877.677.9647 x1