[Asterisk-Users] Audiocodes gateway and asterisk

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Wed Oct 1 12:23:43 MST 2003

Is anyone on the list using an Audiocodes gateway with asterisk and SIP?
I'm looking at that platform, but I have a couple of issues:

1) Echo cancellation. The echo that I'm hearing with an X100P is
unacceptable. Does the Audiocodes do better?
2) Line signalling. I'm using Kewlstart with the X100P, but it looks like
the audiocodes uses loopstart only. How does this work with voicemail, etc?
My experience with loopstart on the X100P is that voicemail never stops and
I end up with two-hour long messages.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,
--Ernest