[Asterisk-Users] Re: 3x AVM Fritz!Card PCI for a EuroISDN PBX.

Cees de Groot cg at tric.nl
Sat Nov 29 05:54:10 MST 2003

Chris Wilson  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> said:
>- It's not reliable. We've had Asterisk spontaneously refuse to dial out
>or accept connections on CAPI until the cards are reset. We don't
>recommend doing this in production.

Yup. We're moving to the active AVM card for our production installation
for exactly that reason - the Fritz! simply seems to disconnect from the
ISDN bus or whatever and your PBX is dead in the water.

>They are cheap and nasty feeling, and not particularly reliable, so I
>would say no.

I'd say order one and decide for yourself. I think they feel and work ok,
but (especially for continental European taste) they are quite ugly.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.tric.nl     <cg at tric.nl>
tric, the new way           helpdesk/ticketing software, VoIP/CTI,