[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk install / update script - need testers

Leif Madsen leif at hacklocalhost.com
Fri Nov 28 10:38:17 MST 2003

I have created a script which will install Asterisk from CVS sources
with a single command.  This was mainly for my own use so that I could
do either an install or update without having to enter in all the
commands manually.

I feel that it is probably stable enough to be released now, but I would
like a couple of people to give it a test run, and let me know of any
problems with it.

Last night, Daniel Quinlan helped me add a couple of options to the file
so that now you can stop Asterisk in one of three ways (for instance, if
you are updating from CVS, it stops Asterisk before it does the make
install, then restarts it after)

-c | --conv	stop Asterisk with "stop when convenient"
-s | --stop	stop Asterisk with "stop gracefully"
-f | --force	stop Asterisk with "stop now" << the default

I would also like suggestions from any bash script coders on anything I
may not be doing very effectively / wrong (for instance, I don't feel
that the way I'm checking to see if the sources already exist is the
best way to do it, but it works for me)

You can find the code at
http://www.hacklocalhost.com/asterisk/_asterisk-update

Hopefully someone finds this useful.