[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk behind NAT << How to do it.

Leif Madsen leif at hacklocalhost.com
Fri Nov 28 10:23:18 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 04:15, Cees de Groot wrote:
> Leif Madsen  <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> said:
> >outside_addr=216.239.33.100     ; this can also be a FQDN! ie.
> >                                ; my.domain.com
> >
> Which might be a problem for dynamic environments, but still nice that
> someone implemented this patch. I'm sure going to take a look at it -
> we're currently happy with DIAX calling in to my NAT'ed * setup, but it
> would be handy to be able to use SIP as well - thanks!

Ummmm..... :)

The comment beside that says:  this can also be a FQDN!  ie.
my.domain.com

FQDN = Fully Qualified Domain Name

This means you can use a hostname like whatever.dynamicip.com

However, the variable names have changed since I posted that.  They are
now:

externip	; external ip or FQDN
localnet	; internet ip of asterisk
localmask       ; subnet mask of internal machine

--
Leif Madsen <leif at hacklocalhost.com>
http://www.hacklocalhost.com