[Asterisk-Users] 3x AVM Fritz!Card PCI for a EuroISDN PBX.

David M. Wilson dw-digium.com at botanicus.net
Fri Nov 28 10:02:57 MST 2003

Hi there!

I'm currently considering various PBX solutions for our office telephone
network, and would very much like to use Asterisk. Currently, my
research is incomplete. I have been recommended to use the above cards,
but it is unclear from my Googling whether my configuration will work:

   - 3x Fritz!Card PCI's in one host.
   - 3x 6 b-channels.
   - ~20 Budgetone (and some others) handsets.

Can anyone answer these questions:

   - Will the 3 ISDN cards function correctly in one host?

   - Will running all 3 cards flat out require particularly beefy
     hardware?

   - Will the Grandstream phones provide a good equivilant to
     professional dedicated PBX phones? (assuming a good network)  I
     have read lots about echo problems and so on, is this an issue?

Any help in the matter would be very much appreciated. Thanks in
advance!

David.