[Asterisk-Users] MGCP Support for NAT

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Nov 28 03:47:23 MST 2003

Hi!

> Does MGCP transverse NAT? Seeing as the only decent yet cheap IP phone
> is the Swissvoice, it would be rather helpful.

As far as I know: It doesn't since username = IP.
However, there is an RFC enhancement proposed to allow MGCP behind NAT,
status unkown to me.

I did find a note about nat=yes in mgcp.conf on this list but couldn't
get it to work (maybe due to my dynamic dial-up IP).

As for the Swissvoice: Search the list archive for related msgs - I
recently posted my first findings...

The e-mail support for IP phones of Swissvoice seems to be asleep, didn't
get any reaction from them. Didn't try yet to catch them on the phone,
but it appears to be necessary.

Cheers, Philipp