[Asterisk-Users] Mailing list archives searchable ?

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Nov 28 03:11:53 MST 2003

Hi!

> > I have started development to import the mailinglist archives into a MySQL
> > database and creating a full text search possibility on this. My questions;
> > 1) Is this already done somewhere else ?
> > 2) Is this of interest ?
>
> I actually just read someone complaining about this today.  I'm sure
> it'd be a very welcome contribution.  The only place that does this is
> google, and isn't always the best way to search for something specific
> to the mailing list.

For me this is quite sufficient:
http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/

On the other hand:
If someone provided a custom search interface that listed important
Asterisk and VoIP keywords and provided a couple of other special
features... I am thinking in the direction of a knowledgebase here.

Cheers, Philipp