[Asterisk-Users] distinctive ring doesn't work

firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com firedude at shorelinuxsolutions.com
Thu Nov 27 08:21:23 MST 2003

In my extensions.conf file I'm attempting to distinctively ring one of my
zap channels with a different ring depending upon whether the call is
received from the DID or inside extension.  The DID extension looks like
so:
	exten => 5551236543,1,Dial,Zap/28r1|20

However, when I dial in on the DID the phone is not ringing at all.  The
CLI shows that Zap/28 is ringing and you can hear it ringing on the
outside line you call from but you can't hear it on the actual phone that
is being dialed.  It then goes to voicemail.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here?
Thanks
AJ