[Asterisk-Users] AGI - CallerID ??

PBX pbx at tuxnetworking.com
Wed Nov 26 17:22:03 MST 2003

I have a client who needs an application for there field techs to call
in when they arrive on site and when they leave.  The logic behind it
seems pretty simple.  I am going to write something in AGI to capture
some DTMF tones and update this data into MySQL to run some reports
from.

But here's my initial problem.  I have started to create a simple AGI
script to capture the CallerID, but I keep on receiving unknown's for
the callerid.

I can get the callerid if I call from an internal extension.  But if I
call from an outside line it comes up unknown.  And if I were to call a
internal extension the callerid comes up on the phone.

Any pointers....

<script>

use Asterisk::AGI;

$AGI = new Asterisk::AGI;

my %input = $AGI->ReadParse();

print STDERR "AGI Environment Dump:\n";
foreach $i (sort keys %input) {
        print STDERR " -- $i = $input{$i}\n";
}

if (my $callerid = $input{'callerid'}) {
        $AGI->say_digits($callerid);
}

exit;

</script>

<results>

  == CDR updated on Zap/1-1
    -- Executing Answer("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
    -- Executing AGI("Zap/1-1", "agi-test2.agi") in new stack
    -- Launched AGI Script /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/agi-test2.agi
AGI Environment Dump:
 -- accountcode =
 -- callerid = unknown
 -- channel = Zap/1-1
 -- context = default
 -- dnid = unknown
 -- enhanced = 0.0
 -- extension = 5100
 -- language = en
 -- priority = 2
 -- rdnis = unknown
 -- request = agi-test2.agi
 -- type = Zap
 -- uniqueid = 1069890052.6
    -- AGI Script agi-test2.agi completed, returning 0
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/1-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (default, 5100, 3) exited non-zero on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'

</results>

Thanks,

-gcc