[Asterisk-Users] Virtual PBX (*)

Girish Gopinath gopinath_girish at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 09:22:17 MST 2003

Hi WipeOut,

Thanks for the information provided. I would be greatful if u can
clarify the following doubts:

Girish Gopinath wrote:
Now, lets assume I have a linux box on a dual processor 3.2 GHz Intel
box with 4GB RAM, RAID system and at the data center we would have
bandwidth of around 1Mbit

2000 users on 1Mbps?? I think you will probably need more bandwidth..
Using iLBC, 1Mbps will only give you about 40 concurrent VoIP channels..

***
Sorry! That's a mistake. In fact bandwidth is not a problem
***

1) How many Voicemails can be recorded at a time?

Depends on where the call is coming from (PSTN via Tx00P or VoIP) and
what format you are storing voicemails in (wav or gsm)..

***
What difference does it make for PSTN and VoIP?
***

Any OpenSource Tools available for testing these?

Regards...

Girish