[Asterisk-Users] Prompt recording

Asterisk Asterisk at team.dcsi.net.au
Tue Nov 25 17:26:56 MST 2003

I usually find recording from a PC gives you a sound that is too
"full"?...

...but I haven't read the stuff at voip-info (yet, gimme 5)

I use our phones to record the prompts... I created an extension that
records the prompt, plays it back, and when it sounds right I copy the
test.gsm to asterisk/sounds

<snip>

exten => 8,1,Wait(1)
exten => 8,2,Record(/tmp/test:gsm)