[Asterisk-Users] modem to modem calls through asterisk

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Tue Nov 25 16:51:37 MST 2003

Modem connect speeds on calls through * seem to be lower than calls
made through the telephone company lines or our old Rolm PBX. All data
calls have 2 wire analog modems on both ends.

For my set up I have channels of a Zhone channel bank tied to 2 modems.
The Zhone channel bank interfaces my * server with a T400P card.
modem  --- Zhone Channel bank - * via T400P card - Zhone channel bank -
modem

In extensions.conf I have added the 'd'ata option.
exten => 333,1, Dial(Zap/19,,d)

In zapata.conf echo cancel has been turned off and I have experimented
with different size jitterbuffers, none of which seem to help.

I couldn't find anything else in the archives. Other suggestions?

Don Pobanz